Fit Fun Into Your Personal Time To Maximize Your Success
by Gail Kasper, Author, Television Host, Certified Fitness Trainer, and Motivational Speaker
To be successful in your chosen profession or with a particular goal, you need to be tenacious, determined and committed to being a winner. You also have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and work hard. Don’t forget, though, that you need to take breaks as well. You must fit a measure of fun into your personal time in order to relax, relieve stress, and distract your mind. All work and no fun is no good. By adding a healthy sprinkling of just-for-fun activities into your daily life, you give yourself a break, which just might provide the shortcut to success you’ve been searching for
In my book Unstoppable: 6 Easy Steps To Achieve Your Goals, I devote a chapter to escaping crisis immobilization. One of the points I emphasize is the importance of balancing out each day with fun in addition to doing the practical and goal-oriented tasks. Scheduling in fun boosts your energy level, and higher levels of positive energy facilitate a successful outlook.
What you choose to do for fun is up to you. Here are ideas to get you started:
1. Invite a friend or loved one to go for a walk with you at your favorite park or nature area.
2. Read a chapter from a work of fiction you enjoy or from a motivational book.
3. Spend 15 minutes on the phone with someone who makes you laugh.
4. Sign up for a class you’ve wanted to take just for the joy of it.
5. Engage in physical activity that’s good for your body and that you find fun, such as swimming, cycling, hiking, sailing, gardening or dancing.
6. Spend half an hour on a hobby you enjoy.
7. Attend a social function that appeals to you.
8. Prepare yourself a meal that’s nutritious, delicious, and fun to make.
9. Listen to music you enjoy, such as tunes that help you relax or songs that make you get up and dance.
10. Spend quality time with a cuddly animal friend.
With my new fitness routines, I also encourage people to add a healthy workout into your daily breaks. Click here to boost your endorphin level and burn calories at the same time. Which items on this list appeal to you the most? What else can you add to the list? Be sure to personalize your list with activities you consider fun. Then, take action. Incorporate at least one fun activity into your personal time every day for a well-balanced, effective approach to success.
Please do learn more about the very talent Gail Kasper