Healthy Snacking Without The Guilt
By Gail Kasper is an Author, Television Host,
Certified Fitness Trainer, and Motivational Speaker.
Tired of hearing how bad snacking is for you? Well, I’m here with great news. Not all snacking is detrimental to your health. In fact, the right types of snacks can give you a burst of energy to keep you going strong the whole day through!
So toss aside the guilt – and toss out any unhealthy snacks left over in your kitchen – and instead stock up on these nutritious items perfect for healthy snacking:
- Whole Grain Toast: A heart-healthy way to satisfy your cravings. Enjoy a crunchy slice of whole-grain toast either plain or with a bit of low-fat or no-fat cheese.
- Low-sodium Vegetable Juice: A great, convenient way to take in beneficial minerals and vitamins.
- Apple: Whether you bite into a delicious, juicy apple, or you enjoy a comforting baked apple (keep it plain – don’t add sugar or butter), you can be sure that you’re treating yourself to a healthy, guilt-free snack that supplies your body with a boost of vitamin C and a dose of good-for-you fiber.
- Unsalted Nuts: Packed with protein and healthy omega-3 essential fatty acids, unsalted nuts including almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts and pecans will satisfy your midday hunger. Just a few nuts are all it takes to feel full a long time.
- Assorted Veggies: Slice up some carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, or any of your favorite raw veggies for crunchy, wholesome snacking any time of day.
- Banana: Naturally sweet and creamy, bananas will satisfy any sweet tooth and keep hunger at bay while supplying much needed potassium.
The keys to healthy snacking are moderation and good choices. For more guilt-free snacking ideas, check out these resources:
American Heart Association, Healthy Snacking
Mayo Clinic, Snacks
U.S. News, Healthful Snacks
http://gailkasper.com – For Gail Kapser
http://top1percentclub.com – For Gail Kasper Top 1% Club